Thursday, September 29, 2011

Introducing......Papa Dan

most recent photo

That's my hubby's nickname at the firestation. Has been for sometime now. He hired on there when our Jeri was 1 year old...over 20 years ago. He is...what shall I say? DA MAN!!! He is my man that God gave me 33 years ago. And I will say that I haven't always appreciated him as I should. He is a DIY'er, (everything from fixing our autos to plumbing to putting in windows) has a strong work ethic, a great father to our 6 kids, caring and generous. (more generous than myself, I hate to admit, but true) He tries to listen and understand me....quite a feat! He is a helper...wait a minute, aren't I suppose to be his helper? He helps anyone and everyone, including me. Right now he is getting our house ready for his Mom to move in...helping her big time!! He loves gardening and the simple way of living. His 10 hens and rooster are testimony to that. And all in the city. Of course he has his weaknesses, lest you compare him to your husband. But I will leave that with the Lord.



wedding day photo



When my granddaughter, Riley, (5) was here yesterday, I showed her our wedding picture. Two great things happened. 1-She said "oh, beautiful.....your dress is darling!" That came out of the mouth of a 5 year old!! AND 2-I thought of how grateful I am to be able to still be married after 33 years and that I am able to be an example to her. Our God has been faithful to keep us through the years. To the young wives out there-----it is worth the fight, the working through your differences. To be able to stand as a married couple before your grandchildren someday. It is a type of hope you can give them. "Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." Psalm 54:4 Thank you, Honey, for battling through with me and for who you are!!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go girlfriend!! I am totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Libby. It's so sweet, and you express yourself very well. You're so right about the heritage that you're creating. We are all so thankful for you and Dan.

    ReplyDelete