Thursday, October 6, 2011

All of Life.....a Gift

I've been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts....it is a gift to me. Not a totally new message, but a needed reminder and clarification in many areas. She takes you on an interesting journey beginning with gratefulness and taking you through belief, trust, humility and pride. She is very insightful and writes beautifully. A little hard for me to comprehend at times, so for me I am taking it slowly...trying to get what God has for me out of this book. (or maybe I'm just slo-o-o-o-o-o-o-w) I was already thinking about gratefulness before my daughter introduced me to Voskamp's book....how thankfulness takes care of many besetting sins like lack of contentment, jealousy and anger. I've know for a long while that to be grateful is a good thing and God is worthy of our praise, but Ann points out how things like joy, grace and peace show up in giving thanks. Now I am understanding the connections better. Another point that she makes is that it can be learned...praise the Lord!! I only wish I could have learned this alot sooner and would have been a better example for my children. But God is gracious and alot bigger than I give Him credit for. He can restore the years the locust have eaten ,(Joel 2:25) a prayer I have prayed many times, and He can help my children learn gratefulness, too.

For those of you wanting to follow my blog, you'll probably hear about other books because I read alot to keep my heart pointed in the right direction. I will try to have a new post weekly. Maybe more often, if time allows!!
Give thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment