Sunday, October 23, 2011

Time Flies When You're.....Raisin' Kids

I've been wanting to introduce you to my wonderful kids. Last month we celebrated Josh (31st) and Danny's (21st) birthdays. How can I have a son 31 years old? We were just covortin' around together, just the two of us. And what happened to my little red-headed boo-boo? (that does not mean he was a mistake...just a crazy nickname!) Our other son, David, is 16 and behind the wheel!! How did that happen? Wasn't he just 4 lbs. 7 oz not so long ago? I am so blessed!! These 3 young men make a mama proud!! Josh is married to beautiful, inside and out, Erin and expecting their 1st child. Yea!!! Danny is working hard putting himself through school. He is persevering big time!! David and I see quite abit of each other since he is a junior homeschooling. Due to his co-op, saxophone lessons, youth group and being with friends, we spend lots of car time together. Just tonight we were talking about the will of God and expecting heaven to be here on earth. All of my boys are insigthtful and are critical thinkers. They truly are a blessing from God. Here is Danny and Josh.


David....he loves animals!

Josh and Erin





My daughters, Jodi and Jeri, are both married to great guys, Kevin and Joel. I am so proud of Jodi as a young mom. She puts her heart into raising her 2 kiddos, Riley(5) and Connor(2). I wish I was as good of a Mom as she is when I was her age. Kevin is a great asset to our family. He is a good leader for their home.

Kevin, Jodi, Riley, and Connor


Jeri has been working hard as a nanny for several years while Joel completed PA school. She is now taking classes while he works. They have a great marriage and I see them growing as a couple and individuals.

Joel and Jeri



Jeanie is our youngest daughter.(18) She has started college and wants to be an elementary teacher. Jeanie is calm, takes life seriously, and likes to have fun!! I enjoy seeing her pursue God with her friends.
Jeanie in Chicago



I just realized this sounds like a Christmas newsletter, which I personally don't care much for. I have never written one. But I just wanted anyone who might stumble across this blog to see how blessed I am with my 6 kids.

So where has the time gone? I don't know how to answer that accept it is gone!! 33 years of marriage and 31 of motherhood. I remember people saying to enjoy the years of colicky babies and sleepless nights because before you know it your kids will be raised and gone. At the time, it seemed it would never change. Those nights were long!! But here I am with 3 married and out of the house already. I also remember my Mom saying it seems time goes quicker every year. Now I know what she meant. Young or old, we all need to embrace the moment and be thankful for what God has given today.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that they are ALL musical!! You have some amazing kiddos and glad to be related to you all.

    (oh and I made your sweet cornbread last week for a party i threw--everyone loved it!)

    ReplyDelete