Sunday, November 20, 2011

FEAR

FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL....FEAR. That is my biggest enemy. I heard that acronym many years ago. What is it about life that is so scary? The unknown, the known things that COULD happen, the unexpected things that DO happen. You know that feeling you get and you know it is fear raising it's ugly head.

For some reason I have been meditating on this again. Another quote from Ann Voskamp..."Fear keeps a life small." I hate to admit how true that can be. You know, things happen in people's lives that bend them more toward fear. I would know because I am one of them. So I've been thinking lately how much I want to live a large life!! And I know that this is why Christ came....that we might live life abundantly!! (John 10:10)

So what does living a LARGE life look like? It has alot to do with trust. Trusting in the One who made us, redeemed us, lives in us, has gone before us, and is FOR us!!
So why is it so hard to trust? I'm still working on this, but I'm seeing again that it is all about who we believe God really is. Who is He to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment